The department is run by Rev Can. Joram Mworeka who works hand in hand with Rev. Can. Jonathan Bwanahoro.
- Faith in the risen Christ
Enlightening the church and Society with Sound knowledge
To equip the church/Society with holistic knowledge thus be able to fit in this competitive Scientific and Technological changing society.
The department is comprised of 4 Units namely,
- General Education which covers all Church Schools/Nurseries, 117 Primary and 12 Secondary Schools.
- Child Ministry (Children Ministry) which covers all 247 Churches, 42 Parish, 8 Archdeaconries who need to beevangelized from time to time.
- Vocational Education through technical Training Schools/ Colleges.
- Theological Training for Capacity building in Church Ministry.
- Since its inception on 5th January 2012, South Ankole Diocese has gone through remarkable metamorphosis.
- Education Department has a Board “Diocesan Board of Education” as its supreme governing body that reports to the diocesan council.
- Schools/College monitoring and supervision has been done through visitations by the office and Board members.
- Councils committee and general meetings have been held such Boards of Governors, Parent Teacher Associations for making decisions, monitoring the progress and mobilizing finances.
- Teaching – Learning evaluation has been done through Diocesan Joint Exams like Pre-P.6 Promotion, Pre-Primary Leaving Exams and S.3 Promotional Exams which have been successful.
Education Department Vehicle,
We are serving a vast area which needs to be penetrated to reach the all the need our services. The work is done through hiring, Public transport and at times walking long distances.
We also hope to fully equip the department with all Office stationary and equipment and personnel so as to make the work easy.
Pray for support to promote child education in the Region.